Q: What is Coaching?
It is a vehicle for helping people to achieve higher level of well-being and performance and work particularly well change is hard. Coaching is a growth promoting relationship eliciting autonomous motivation. It enables you to increase your capacity for change. The process facilitates change through visioning, goal-setting, and accountability, leading to sustainable change for the good.
Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life at work. I believe every client has the potential to be creative and resourceful in order to fully self-actualize.
I help clients design compelling and engaging visions, inspiring motivation, and then translate their visions into realistic behavioral actionable steps. These steps lead to improving self-efficacy, increase potential for success, while learning key life skills as you develop and implement plans to improve health and well-being. I honor the principals of design without coming in with a design in mind. We start with an agreement, then establish a vision. You’ll set goals that are behavior-based, based on your core values. Together, we’ll design weekly experiments for you to execute.
Q: So why would someone need a coach?
Coaching is well suited for those who want, or are contemplating, making positive change(es) in their life. Coaches help individuals (or groups) mine, shape and polish those precious jewels (in the heart and mind) that bring value and meaning to one’s life.
Coaching can help clients:
- Attain clarity around the present and the future.
- Create a vision and mission to live and/or work by.
- Discover your brilliance and learn how to let it empower you.
- Construct your goals and support system.
- Put it all together and use it to renew and energize you at every level.
1-on-1 Personal Coaching
This can take several forms, but all sessions are about you reaching your potential at the speed you determine. Above all, you are the expert on you. As such, my role is to help you explore options, choices, opportunities, and those strengths that make you that unique person you are. You will find my style relaxed but direct and honest. The underlying foundation of our work together is your autonomy. I do my best to make each engagement a positive experience with you in the driver’s seat.
Sessions are typically held in Zoom on-line sessions, or over the phone. However, I prefer Zoom sessions as non-verbal communication often holds as much content as audible conversation and I don’t want to miss anything. In any event, the choice is yours. If you are local to the Phoenix Area and prefer in-person sessions, I can meet you at your office, home or place of your choice (mileage/time might factor into fees).
Benefits organizations by stimulating constructive change and a positive outlook and:
- Encourages the problem-solving mentality
- Increases group functioning and speeds maturity
- Integrates development and performance
- Builds and accelerates the organization’s learning capacity: shares intelligence across generations and levels of employees
- Breaks down the silo mentality between individuals
- Fosters a culture of ongoing learning
- Encourages consultation and collaboration
- Optimizes goal accomplishment at the personal, group levels
- Strengthens the over-all group
Group coaching benefits group members by improving their capacity to:
- Promote systems and strategic thinking
- Build proficiency in reflection, reframing, questioning, problem-solving planning, and time management
- Balance inquiry and advocacy
- Enhance group facilitation and process skills
- Deepen trust and collaboration among members as members gain an understanding of the issues, motivations, and intentions of others
- Improve interpersonal support skills: listening, coaching, questioning, and feedback
- Develop Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Inspire creative thinking
- Drive individual responsibility for learning and personal development
If you are interested in coaching please contact me at 480.861.1082, or email@example.com, and let’s start a dialog on what best suits your needs.